5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WEST FACING HOUSE PLAN
Planning on buying a new west-facing house?
Do you also think west-facing houses are unlucky?
Or do you think that it is a myth?
Here, in this article you will get to know all about west facing house plan and if they are so unlucky or not.
WHAT IS A WEST-FACING HOUSE?
A house whose front door faces west is known as a west-facing house. Generally, a lot of people considered this to be a bad omen, and hence, people did not prefer such a west facing house plan. North facing and east-facing are always considered to be super auspicious.
Though, it isn’t always so. West facing house does have benefits of its own.
But before going into further details of west-facing houses, one should know the important things to keep in mind before going ahead for a new house.
THINGS TO LOOKOUT BEFORE BUYING OR BUILDING A HOUSE
Just the direction of the house or the main doors aren’t the only important factors to look for in a house. There are other major factors to fulfill your needs.
So, before searching about the west-facing house plan or any other direction house plan, you should know what to look for in a new house. This can be done by both, according to your ‘vastu’ to negate any bad omens and also your personal needs and wants in a house.
- MATERIALS USED: It is important to check the materials used properly while building or buying a new house. This counts for the durability of the house and its components. If it somehow would require timely renovations, later on, the investment done while looking for the house is all in vain.
- APPLIANCES AND ELECTRICAL OUTLETS: This is an important factor to check. The wiring and earthing throughout the house are very essential to be done properly. This is to make sure your house is safe from any electrical dysfunctions or natural disasters.
- PROPER VENTILATION: Apart from the direction of the house, the factor of ventilation is very important. If you get a west-facing house plan according to your choice but you can’t breathe fresh air in the house, there’s a major possibility that you will not remain much happy.
- LOCATION: Location is the most important factor while searching for a house. All the daily necessities are needed to be kept in mind beforehand. Stuff like groceries, medicines, distance from hospitals and shopping malls.
- SIZES: Sizes matter a lot, they are the most important. From rooms to the kitchen to toilets. If the rooms are spacious enough for your needs and the cupboards or kitchen compartments are sufficient enough to hold on with your things. Deciding and looking out for this beforehand saves your time of settling up things later on.
WEST FACING HOUSE PLAN ACCORDING TO VASTU
In India, north and east-facing are considered to be the best directions for a house. Hence, west facing house plan is always the third choice although they are no harbingers of bad luck.
People somehow are of the thought that according to Vastu shastra a west facing house plan calls for infinite troubles but that is not utterly true. Nowhere in the Vastu shastra is any direction preferred than the other. In fact, according to it, all the directions are equally good to align a house. What matters is the main entrance which should be kept in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th padas. For more information on the padas, you shall consult a Vastu expert.
According to few Japanese philosophies regarding house designs, a west facing house plan or west-facing front door brings more energy into the house. It has a sense of youth and exuberance along it which fills up the house with positivity.
According to classical Chinese geomancy, feng shui, the facing-direction of the house is not only the front door but the most active area of the house. It could be the back street or the side street, whichever is the busiest area. The benefits of west facing house plan are quite similar to the Japanese, in that it brings abundance and wealth to your children.
There are always multiple theories to a thing, it is only up to you to follow whatever theories you believe in.
5 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WEST FACING HOUSE PLAN
- Locate the entrance in 3rd, 4th, 5th,6th padas: As said above, according to the Vastu shastra the direction of the entrance of the main door matters. The padas are basically segments in which the house is divided into which are nine in numbers. These four numbers are best suggested for the west facing house plan and an exact pada should be consulted from a Vastu expert.
- Evening Sun: As we all know that sunsets in the west, so this keeps the house cool for several hours mainly from evenings probably till noon. The evening sunlight could be put up to proper use with properly placed windows removing any obstructions.
- Wealth and Prosperity: West facing house plan as said is generally beneficial for the wealth and prosperity of the house. They are known to have the positive energy of children and hence, leads to more happiness and healthy nature of the house members.
- The direction of the rooms: The master bedroom is best to be planned around the south-west side of the house. The guest room is best suited for north-west or southern directions. The kitchen is best suited for the south-east or northwest. Windows for the best and balanced flow of energy shall be planned along with the north or east directions.
- Hotter during the day: West facing house plan, if chosen, might keep the house cooler during the day but they can be extremely hot during the day. This is possibly the only scientific disadvantage of such designs. This is the reason that people often don’t prefer west-facing house plans.
After all these points, it is clear that a west facing house plan is not unlucky at all. For some, they might turn out to be the best choice they ever made. However, it does depend upon the occupants on how they percept the pros and cons of it according to their needs.